High-Quality Sound in a Modern Hi-Fi System – The Smarter Way
Integrated Amplifier with 192kHz USB Audio Input and Low Power Consumption
The AI-501DA integrated power amplifier with 192kHz USB digital audio inputs and low power consumption is the powerhouse of TEAC's new 501 series. Hosting a BurrBrown PCM5102 D/A Converter, USB connectivity, Class-D ABLETEC Norway amplifier and a toroidal-core power transformer makes the AI-501DA a key component for the 501 series or any other 2-channel audio system.
In Japan, the AI-501DA was awarded in acheiving excellence in audio equipment.
The VGP(Visual Grand Prix) is a prize of equipments of audio and visual that is most famous prize in the market of the AV equipments. The AI-501DA received the VGP award.
The AEx(Audio Excellence Award) is a prize of pure audio equipments. The AI-501DA received the AEx award and the AEx extra award.
Smart and High-Quality Hi-Fi System Specifications
- Integrated Class-D Amplifier by ABLETEC, Norway: Achieves High-Quality Sound, High Output Power, and Low Power Consumption.
After months of technical reseach for an amp with high-quality sound and high output power, but low power consumption, the ALC0180 Digital Power Amplifier module, manufactured by ABLETEC, Norway, was decided on to compliment the AI-501DA. Delivering a maximum of 90W + 90W of output power at a maximum 55W of power consumption, users are able to enjoy powerful sound without hesitation. Furthermore this next generation integrated amplifier consumes only 10W in idling mode, and 0.2W at power-saving standby mode.
- Fully Digital Path via USB Cable allows 192kHz High-Res Audio Playback
Just connecting a USB cable between any Mac/Windows-PC and the AI-501DA, a variety of audio formats can be transferred in a fully digital manner. Once the driver software is installed, your playlist iTunes or Windows Media Player turns into part of your high-quality audio system. This allows 24bit/192kHz data transfer mode reduces jitter noise while the digital data travels along the USB cable.
- BurrBrown PCM5102 D/A Converter for a Variety of Digital Sources
The AI-501DA employs the highly celebrated BurrBrown PCM5102, allowing 32bit processing across the USB audio input, Optical and Coaxial digital inputs. Parts were carefully selected for the analog circuits. The unit utilizes high-quality operational-amplifiers and electrolytic capacitors already proven on previous hig-end models.
- Large Capacity Toroidal-Core Power Transformer
An over-sized Troidal-core power transformer helps deliver high-quality sound without sacrificing energy-efficiency and the unit's compact dimentions.
Conventional diodes produce rectification noise that negatively affects the sound of other units. To combat this, TEAC installed Schottky Barrier Diodes to supply a cleaner internal current and reduce rectification noise.
- High-Quality Headphone Output Processed by an Exclusive Operational Amplifier on Each Channel
The AI-501DA is also designed for headphone listening, as well as speaker listening. An exclusive operational amplifier is employed on each channel. Conventional hi-fi systems only use a single operational amplifier for both channels.
- No Cooling-Fan, for Quiet Operation
Effort to eliminate the signal to noise ratio and ensure high-quality audio playback mean nothing with a noisy cooling fan. To reach both goals of attaining high performance and compact dimentions, TEAC carefully arranged the inner-workings to eliminate the need of a fan. There are two parameters that conflict with efficient heat dissipation, the circuit design and chassis design. After careful strategy, effective placement of potential heat-generating components allows this high-performance compact amplifier to operate without a cooling fan.
Carefully Designed Hardware Accommodates any High-Standard Listening Environment
- A Full-Metal Construction and Small Footprint for Any Desktop Set-up
Not only the front panel, both side and top panels are made of aluminum and attached to a robust steel chassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations, and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-size body allows users to place the unit in small spaces. The AI-501DA defines a new standard that fits all modern interior with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
- Large Number Input/Output Allow Users to Integrate Full-Scale Hi-Fi System
The AI-501DA provides sufficient number of audio inputs allowing users to integrate full-scale hi-fi systems with both exsing and future expantions. The device is equipped with two optical inputs and one coaxial input, along with two analog (two stereo) audio inputs. A set of large biding-post speaker terminals accommodates high-grade speaker cables up to AWG8 grade. A detachable AC cable with a 3-polar socket allows user to upgrade to a high-grade AC cable.。
- Well-Designed User Interface
A firm-torqued volume with a machined aluminum knob, and toggle type main power switch give the user assured operation. The remote control with aluminum facia gives the unit an elegant appearance and very precisive volume control, paces of approximately 1.5dB. To help contribute to the musical atmosphere is the classiest characteistic of the AI-501DA, the dimmable backlight, and dual analog meters.
- ALC0180 Class-D Power Amplifier by ABLETEC, Norway
- 90W/ch of output power (at 4 ohms impedance)
- Supports up to 24bit/192kHz USB Audio input
- Supports up to 24bit/192kHz Coaxial S/PDIF digital audio input
- Supports up to 24bit/96kHz Optical S/PDIF digital audio input
- Internal 32bit processing on the BurrBrown PCM5102 D/A Converter
- Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- Schottky Barrier diodes for power supply circuits
- Full-metal body
- Dual analog level meters with dimmable backlight
- Headphone amplifier that employs two operational amplifiers
- 1 USB Audio input
- 2 Optical S/PIDF digital inputs
- 1 Coaxial S/PDIF digital input
- 2 RCA analog line inputs
- Screw-type speaker terminals (AWG8 compatible)
- Headphone out
- Aluminum-weighted volume knob
- Remote control
- 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable