Defining the Micro Component,
Stunning Audio Performance for the next generation
|Defining the Micro Component|
- USB DAC for High-resolution Audio Streaming
The amplifier section employs a USB Audio Input that allows users to connect to a computer and process high-resolution audio of up to 192kHz/24-bit by on-board D/A converter PCM1796 by BurrBrown. The asynchronous connection minimizes jitter noise generated by the computer, while the up-conversion function refines incoming digital audio to make it as smooth as possible, even from CD-based audio tracks.
- High quality Wireless Audio Streaming by Bluetooth® aptX® Codec
- The amplifier section supports Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming with an aptX® codec. Users can transmit high-quality audio wirelessly from their smartphone to the amplifier unit.
- HR Loudness for Massive Sound Performance
- As the heart of audio system, the main unit employs a class-D power amplifier that delivers 26W + 26W of output from a bible size cabinet. When the HR Loudness – a DSP-based bass enhancement technology – is active, the amplifier delivers a stunning bass enhancement signal for small speakers. The HR Loudness is effective for analog line-in signal as well, by converting to 96kHz/24-bit digital audio signal that is hi-resolution audio quality. Of course, no cooling fan is employed for tranquility, so as to avoid background noise interference. A set of biding-post speaker terminals have been used for secure wiring.
- Total 5 Audio Inputs in a compact aluminum body
- Specifically designed for audio streaming from a computer or smartphone, the main unit carries a USB audio input and Bluetooth® connection. However, it also carries a pair of optical audio inputs and conventional analog audio input in 1/8” jack. The amplifier’s bible-sized body made of aluminum enables convertible layout, horizontal or vertical, while TEAC’s iconic side guard bars give a professional finish.
As users demands for high quality headphone listening increase, TEAC have responded by including 100mW + 100mW of headphone output in the amplifier section to enable it to drive a wider range of headphones, including high impedance models.
- Auto Power Saving – A smart connection with TV, PC, Satellite Receiver, and STB
The amplifier section provides a simple and smart way of power-on/off sequence when you watch TV. Thanks to its Auto Power Saving function, the amplifier automatically turns on when incoming digital audio signal is detected, and vice versa ¬- it automatically turns off when incoming digital audio signal is inactive for 3 minutes -. So, you can connect a TV, PC, Satellite Receiver, and STB such as Apple TV and Sonos CONNECT that equips optical digital audio output to enjoy simplified and smart operations. The Auto Power Saving function can be engaged or disabled by user preference. However when it is disabled, it still automatically switches to standby mode if left without any operation for 30 minutes.
- 2-way Speaker System
In order to reproduce high-resolution audio in the high frequency range, the speakers have a 20mm soft dome tweeter with a Chrome-plated diffuser and a 70mm cone woofer. The carefully designed bass reflex port on the rear panel generates stunning bass sounds from a convenient compact cabinet. The beautifully finished surface on the rear panel includes binding post type speaker terminals with an AWG8-graded speaker cable.
- Free audio software for high-resolution audio playback
TEAC supplies high-resolution audio playback software for both Windows and Macintosh. The software is available to download for free from the TEAC web site, and it allows users to enjoy high-resolution audio without complicated settings that may occur with third-party applications. This is another reason to choose TEAC!
- USB DAC for PCM 192kHz/24-bit High-resolution Audio Streaming
- 2 Optical Audio Input supporting PCM 192kHz/24-bit
- Bluetooth® aptX® Wireless Audio Streaming
- 26W + 26W Built-in Class-D Power Amplifier
- BurrBrown PCM1796 D/A Converter
- Up-conversion up to 192kHz
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- 100mW + 100mW Headphone Output Power
- DSP-based HR Loudness for maximized audio performance, applicable to all incoming audio signal including Analog Line In
- Aluminum Front Panel and Case
- Machined Aluminum Knobs
- Iconic Side Guard Bars
- Vertical and Horizontal Design
- Auto Power Saving / Auto Power On
- Remote Control
- Binding-post Speaker Terminals
- Rear Bass-reflex type 2-way Speakers
- Subwoofer Pre-out for 2.1ch System
- RoHS Compliant