Enjoy high-resolution audio without the need for a PC connection.
CD Player with 5.6MHz DSD Disc Native Playback
The PD-501HR is a high-quality disc player with 5.6MHz DSD file native playback and up to 24bit/192kHz PCM on recordable DVD discs. Featuring unique VACS (Vibration Acoustic Control Structure) to control vibrations, separate power supplies for analog and digital sections, the PD-501HR really is an uncontested disc player.
In Japan, the PD-501HR have received some prizes of an audio equipment.
The VGP(Visual Grand Prix) is a prize of equipments of audio and visual that is most famous prize in the market of the AV equipments. The PD-501HR received the VGP award.
The AEx(Audio Excellence Award) is a prize of pure audio equipments. The PD-501HR received the AEx award and the AEx extra award.
Advanced Digital Circuits for the Finest Audio Formats
- 5.6MHz DSD Disc Playback without the Need for a PC Connection
The PD-501HR plays back DSD files recorded to DVD discs, eliminating the need for any PC. Conventional DVD writing software is capable of burning DSD discs, by writing dsf files to recordable DVD discs (DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW).
(SACD disc is not supported on the PD-501HR.)
- DSD Native Playback by Pure Mode
Conventional DSD processors convert PCM files prior to converting to an analog signal. The PD-501HR employs a "Pure Mode", processing DSD into an analog signal directly. This lets you enjoy pure DSD sound that normal PCM-conversion can't.
- 24bit/192kHz PCM File Playback
- The PD-501HR also supports PCM file (wav format) and up to 24bit/192kHz of high-resolution audio without the need for a PC connection.
Pure Audio Circuits, Designed with a Classic Audio Theory
- Unique Vibration Control Mechanism "VACS" Vibration Acoustic Control Structure
While reading signals from a rating disc, vibrations may cause a read error and negatively affect the sound quality by missing some of the original data on the disc. To eliminate vibrations and reach perfect data reading, the PD-501HR employs a unique vibration control mechanism, VACS, for a smooth rotation. After dozens of evalution tests the VACS instrument was chosen and fixed to the drive of the unit in order to achieve the best possible performance.
- Cirrus Logic's Flagship DSD-Supported DAC CS4398
A celebrated CS4398 by Cirrus Logic is utilized to achieve 120dB of dynamic range. The CS4398 also employs un-damped volume control and a Mismatch Shaping Technology to eliminate distortion caused by capacitor mismatching.
- JRC NJM5532 for Operational Amplifier on Analog Section
The field-proven and well-reputed JRC's NJM5532 operational amplifier has been applied to the analog circuits.
- 6-layer Circuit Boards to Simplify Signal Paths
- In order to reduce the signal paths throughout the circuits, each part has been carefully laid out on 6-layer glass-epoxy motherboards. This design reduces and simplifies the signal paths and helps improve the sound quality.
- Separated Power Supply Units for Digital and Analog Sections. Cleaner Power Supply by Schottky Barrier Diodes
Separate power supply units for the digital and analog sections help prevent digital noise that can leak across the sections over the current. Schottky Barrier Diodes are also employed on the rectifier circuit to supply cleaner current by eliminating rectification noise.
- Excellent Audio Performance
- By engaging various technologies and know-hows learned over decades the PD-501HR is one of the highest performing CD players with 20-80kHz of frequency response, 116dB of S/N ratio, 118dB dynamic range, and 0.004% of THD on PCM playback.
- Power Consumption: 11W – "Green Technology"
In keeping with the rest of the Reference 501 series, the PD-501HR also maintains low power consumption without sacrificing sound quality. With a 11W of power consumption, a selectable power saving mode and 0.1W of power consumption during standby, the PD-501HR can truly be called "green technology"
- A Full-Metal Construction and A4-sized Small Footprint for Any Desktop Set-up
Not only the front panel, both side and top panels are made of aluminum and attached to a robust steel chassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-sized body allows users to place the unit in small spaces. The PD-501HR difines a new standard that fits all modern interior with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
- Well-Desinged User Interface
TEAC understands that having higher specifications and high-quality sound are not enough for authentic hi-fi units. Creating easy-to-use enjoyable products is another mission of the Reference 501 series. Spun metal finished transport buttons with short stroke and an easy-to-recognize toggle switch gives the user assured operation. Even the remote control is designed with an aluminum facia on top for a luxurious finish.
- Supports 2.8/5.6MHz DSD disc playback (dsf format on recordable DVD discs)
- Supports 24bit/192kHz PCM disc playback (wav format on recordable CD/DVD discs)
- Supports CD-DA disc
- Center-mount mechanism design with slot-in drive
- VACS vibration control stabilize mechanism
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 D/A Converter
- BlackFin processor for signal processing
- JRC NJM5532 for operational amplifier
- Separated power supply for digital and analog sections
- Schottky Barrier Diodes for stable current supply
- Pure mode for DSD/PCM processing
- 6-layer glass epoxy circuit boards for simplified signal paths
- Max 11 watts of low power consumption
- Auto power saving mode (user selectable)
- Repeat play (1/All/Folder), Shuffle play, Max 99 tracks program play
- Full metal body
- Organic EL display with dimmer
- 1 Optical digital output
- 1 Coaxial digital output
- 1 Analog unbalanced RCA output
- Remote control
- 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable